CurriculumWelbourne Children’s Centre supports children through the EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage) curriculum. In our children focused activities such as Stay and Play we focus on the first 3 Prime areas of the EYFS. Physical Development, Personal, Social and Emotional Development and Communication and Language; these areas are the focus for children from 0-3 years of age.
These are also the main area of focus for children attending the Two Year Old Early Entitlement.
We also run a session for babies with a focus on Heuristic Play. This focuses on the use of natural materials and objects for explorative play.
Our timetable for details of the current Children’s Centre activities is available from the Children’s Centre, school office or on the website.
Stay & Play
Children learn through play. We provide a range of indoor and outdoor activities at the Stay & Play sessions, including: paint, collage, books, singing, messy play, construction, sand, water, small world, imaginative play, bikes and other outdoor toys.
The sessions give you an opportunity to spend time in a clean and safe
environment, offering high quality experiences, where you can play with your child and meet other parents/carers.
Your child is able to play with other children and learn to socialize whilst playing with a wide range of activities to support their learning, growth and development. You will also learn new activities you can play with your child at home.
Parents are encouraged to take part in and develop their children’s play.
We are keen to hear any ideas you may have to help us develop the
sessions. our staff are always available to talk to you.
We ask that you:
- Take responsibility for your child at all times.
- Do not use aggressive language or physical punishment with any child including your own.
- Play alongside your child to encourage them to enjoy the activities on offer.
- Help to tidy up at the end of the session.
- Fold buggies in the designated area.
- Do not use your mobile phone
- We promote healthy eating, no sweets, nuts or sugary drinks allowed.
We offer you:
- Baby & Me Drop-in for non-walkers.
- Under 5’s Stay & Play Drop-in
- Welcoming & professional staff
- A stimulating play environment for you and your child to enjoy
- Information and support according to your family’s needs
- An invitation to help us improve by providing feedback about our services
- We sometimes carry out observations of children, so that we can plan effectively for the children who attend our centre. We will always share these with you and ask for your observations as well. If you have any concerns about your child’s development, we will discuss this with you and offer support and guidance as necessary.
Other Services offered at Welbourne Children’s Centre
Ante / Postnatal Clinic
Midwifes available to give help and advice
Baby Weighing Clinic
Drop in to weigh your baby/toddler and speak to the Health Visitor.
PIPS (Parent Infant Psychology Service)
Help for families expecting a child or parents with children under 24 months.
English classes for level 3 learners.
Ante- and Post-Natal appointments from Whittington and North Middlesex Hospitals
Advice and Support for breastfeeding mothers about breastfeeding and weaning.
Sewing, Knitting, Crocheting and Arts & Crafts sessions
Child Development Reviews
Health Visitor-led Development Reviews for 2 and 1 year olds
Parents Support Surgery
Advice and Support from our Early Intervention & Outreach Practitioners
Young Parents’ Group
Advice, Support, Play and Learning for parents under 24 from all over the South Tottenham area
Bonding and relaxing sessions for parents and babies under eight months
Relaxation and exercise sessions for parents and babies under 14 months.
Waddle to Toddle
Transition group for children coming into the Free For 2s nursery programme. Ask in centre for details