Children at Welbourne develop confidence and self-esteem through a holistic approach to drama, dance, art and music. Throughout their school career children have the opportunity to imagine, innovate, create and perform both in the classroom and on the stage. We believe in creative and immersive approaches to enhance children’s learning and our work with the Punchdrunk Learning Collective (an inter- national immersive theatre company) has greatly supported this.
Some highlights of the Arts at Welbourne include:
- MADD week (Music, Art, Dance and Drama) twice a year which culminates in exhibitions for the whole school community;
- weekly performances through class assemblies;
- dance workshops and links with many external organisation;
- weekly singing assemblies and the school choir;
- forest school;
- after school arts and crafts club, dance club;
- drama therapy.
Welbourne also worked closely with The National Theatre to train and support staff to produce large scale performances both at Christmas and the end of the year.
Welbourne is an inclusive environment, where all children are offered equal opportunities to access and benefit fully from our Creative Arts Curriculum.
Welbourne was awarded Artsmark Gold status accredited by Arts Council England in 2020. This followed a rigorous examination of how we deliver a curriculum rich in creativity and encourage our children to excel in The Arts.