We offer a broad curriculum encompassing computer science, information technology and digital literacy. In the Early Years Foundation Stage our pupils are introduced to technology through computing activities and resources. In Key Stage 1 and 2, pupils receive weekly computing lessons as well as many opportunities to learn in other subjects in a cross-curricular way.
We aim to :
- Provide a relevant, challenging and enjoyable computing curriculum for all pupils
- Meet the requirements of the national curriculum programmes of study for computing
- Use computing as a tool to enhance learning throughout the curriculum
- To respond to new developments in technology
- To equip pupils with the confidence and capability to use computing throughout their later life
- To develop the understanding of how to use computing safely and responsibly.
E-Safety and Digital Citizenship
Keeping children safe is our priority at Welbourne Primary School. That is why our pupils take part in a progressive e-safety and digital citizenship curriculum from Nursery through to Year 6. Our pupils are taught how to stay safe when using the internet and how to be a responsible user of technology. We have dedicated e-safety and digital citizenship lessons and pupils then have opportunities to practise these skills in the context of computing lessons and cross-curricular IT activities across the curriculum. Through celebration events such as ‘Safer Internet Day’, we engage the wider community in our e-safety and digital citizenship work.
Computing has links to many other subjects and is incorporated into lessons through cross-curricular learning opportunities. This allows our pupils to learn digital literacy skills within a creative and meaningful context. At Welbourne Primary School, we believe that computing and computing resources allow SEND (Special Education Needs and Disability) pupils to access the curriculum. Our SEND pupils benefit from the use of technology to make progress and raise attainment across the curriculum.
In addition, technology allows our children to continue and consolidate their learning in many subjects outside of school through web-based learning platforms.